Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mesa Boogie Mark V Amplifier

The Mesa Boogie Mark V® amp will be the last big item purchase to complete my arsenal of equipment.  I’ve wanted a Mesa Boogie amp since I was first introduced to them by hearing some of my favorite artists use one.  And then one of my friends showed up at practice with a NEW, Hamer, double cutaway guitar and a Mesa Boogie MARK IIC+® Series  Combo amp.  When he started playing he blew me away with his sound from that amp; it was incredible.

Now I’m looking for one of their Mark V® Combo Series:

Mark V in Tazmanian Blackwood        Mark V_SLIDE2


Randall Smith of Mesa Boogie at workIT TOOK 40 YEARS of Randall Smith's experience designing high-performance tube amps to get this much TONE under one roof and keep it easy to dial. More than a collection of amplifiers, the MARK FIVE™ is a living history of MESA's® contributions and a tribute to the evolution of electric guitar tone.

THEY'RE ALL HERE: the MARK I®, the MARK IIC+®, the MARK IV®… all these are faithful recreations that benefit from our decades of refinement and leave many saying they're better than the original! More than our Greatest Hits, you'll also find some new Brit-inspired circuits here that rival these classic Boogie sounds and are destined to become iconic on their own merit.

No less than 9 patents stand guard over your Tone… ensuring your investment will be protected and your amp will hold its value. (MARK II C's and MARK IV's still sell for more than their original purchase price). Beware of Imitators!


The MARK V® is really a collection of amplifiers. There are far too many circuits and sounds to think of it as merely an amp. It is also a living history of our company. From the groundbreaking MARK I® that introduced the world to high-gain with it’s cascading pre amp, to the Mark II®-the world’s first high gain Dual Mode Channel Switching amplifier and it’s later siblings that introduced Simul-Class™power. From the MARK III® that ushered in the era of 3-Channel footswtching performance, to the MARK IV® which gave all this power individual control, the MARK V® is the embodiment of the last 40 years of guitar amp history.

Mark 5 Full Front Panel


I am very interested in one of the Mark V®  ‘Custom Finish Amplifiers’. I started looking at their On-Line Store “HOLLYWOOD at Sunset & Gardner” and found several models that I would love to own.  I then sent an email to their sales team and began my search for exactly what I wanted.

My favorites have a Wicker Cane Grille with a dark wood like those shown below.  There are many different wood species offered; if you are willing to wait for the one that you want, you will not be disappointed.  You can either call or send an email to inquire. 

Mark 5 Combo in Ribbon Mahogany (SOLD) - click to enlarge

Private Reserve Quilted Maple

Ribbon Mahogany

Tasmanian Blackwood

Babinga

Private Reserve Flamed Maple

Private Reserve Quilted Babinga


Mark 5 Combo in Ribbon Mahogany (SOLD) - click to enlarge

yhst-75036615416798_2173_83015841


Mesa Engineering LOGO

Mesa Boogie amplifiers are rather pricey, but worth it. I hope to get mine by mid 2012; since it takes four (4) to six (6) months to get them after you place the order, I plan on placing my order by the end of the year if all works as expected with our finances.  If not, I’ll hold off until January to place my order.

Well, I have an older Fender Deluxe Stratocaster (faded white) being customized right now that should be done by the end of next week or the beginning of the week after. And I’ve completed my first phase of my effects pedalboard and have another portion to complete before adding the final piece to my gear, the Roland GR-55® Guitar Synthesizer. 

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer       Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer - Back View


I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it.  I am so excited about getting my Boogie Amp that I just can’t stop talking about it.  I’ve been acting like a teenager waiting to get their first car. Believe me, it feels the same to me.

I’ll be sure to let everyone know when I place my order and include a sample photo of what my amp will look like when it is thru being built.  Have a great weekend and as always, don’t forget to give your kids a big hug and kiss to let them know that you love them !  Keep playing your guitar, you’ll improve everyday if you stay with it.

Until next time;

Musician By Night . . . .

MusicianByNight_01-Large

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to this acquisition! These amps are works of art; the woods are amazing and I just love the wicker caning. Love!

    ReplyDelete