Friday, September 16, 2011

My Birthday Trip to St. Petersburg, Florida:

Bob's Music Debut 05-21-05 028A

Last Saturday, September 10th was a special day for me, it was my 54th birthday. To celebrate it, I took a plane trip to St. Petersburg, FL to see my family.  Unfortunately, my better half (Anita) couldn’t join me on this trip so I was on my own.  It was my first trip to Florida, by myself in quite a while, so I planned on relaxing and enjoying the pool and hot-tub at my brothers house.

GodinMultiacNylonSA_Natural

Of course I couldn’t leave home without bringing one of my guitars so I can keep up on my chops.  I brought my Godin Multiac ASC-SA Nylon Spectrum Acoustic in Natural Finish.  That guitar happens to have a beautiful travel bag that is heavily padded and comes with plenty of pockets for accessories and magazines.  It worked perfectly for me !  I played between 30 and 60 minutes each day; just enough to keep my fingers limber and my memory intact with scale patterns I’ve been working on.


My brother Tony and I along with his son Anthony and his girlfriend Caitlin went to the Tampa Bay RAYS game on Saturday night; they played the Boston Red Sox.

Bob & Tony on 09-10-2011 @ the Rays Game          Star-for-Twitter_small          Anthony & Caitlin on 09-10-2011 at the Rays Game

WOW ! what a nail-biter of a game it was.  The RAYS finally pulled out the WIN 6-5 in the bottom of the 11th inning.  Here are some photos of the game at Tropicana Field Stadium.

 RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 03  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 01  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 25  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 04  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 14  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 18RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 25  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011- 23  RAYS vs RED SOX - 09-10-2011 - 24


The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and just enjoying the warm Florida sun.  I spent a few hours on Sunday and Monday swimming in their pool, which is was rather relaxing, and then afterwards my Dad and I went in their Hot Tub and soaked for about 30 minutes.  Boy, talk about relaxation to the max !

DSC02938      DSC02973

DSC02948      DSC02944

DSC02980      DSC02979


Sunday evening they all took me to dinner at Carraba’s Italian Restaurant for my birthday; it was a great time and the food was wonderful.

DSC02968 (4)             DSC02965

                 Tony & Sue                                           Anthony & Caitlin

DSC02964  DSC02969 (6)

               Bob, Dad and Mom                                     Family Photo


Well all-in-all, I had a great birthday this year.  The only thing that would have made it any better would have been if Anita and my boys could have been there with me and of course my wonderful grandson Eli and son in law Dave.

DSC02674 (3)DSC02678 (4)DSC02683 (4)

                               My Grandson Elias-Jude Janicki-Howe

 

DSC02684 (4) David posing for the camera before white water raftingOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My oldest son, Dave

 

Chris and his NEW Apple Computer 2010  Chris, Dave & Eli picking fresh strawberries 2011

 My son Christopher, with his husband Dave and their son Eli (my grandson)


Fender Stratocaster with amp

So I hope you can see why I was out of touch for those few days earlier this week;  it was a long over due trip and it definitely recharged my battery. 

Well, we are quickly heading into another weekend and this one will be spent working outdoors, cleaning up after Hurricane Irene and the heavy rain storms that we have been experiencing the past week and a half.  We’ll also need to continue with the clean-up of our basement after the two floods we were hit with through this past two weeks of nasty weather.

Fender Stratocaster 01

We’ll be very busy I’m sure but I’ll find time to practice my guitar and write my posts for Saturday and Sunday.  I miss writing them daily so I’ll do my best to get back on track, should time permit.

 

I hope you have a great evening; remember it’s T.G.I.F., but don’t overdue it.  Have fun with whatever you have planned and remember to give your kids a kiss. 

Until next time;

Musician By Night

MusicianByNight_03Small

No comments:

Post a Comment