Saturday, August 20, 2011

Changes In Store for My Effects Pedals;

DSC01037
As I talked about in two (2) previous posts (Monday, July 11th and Thursday, July 14th), a guitarists effects pedal board creation is a direct reflection of his or her style of music that they want to be able to mimic and / or create with their own writing skills.  There are an infinite amount of effects pedals that guitarists can chose from for their rig which would allow them to replicate just about any guitarist or song ever written.  Now that is true as long as the guitarist’s skills are up-to-speed and would allow them to copy the artist’s guitar work.
Anyway, what this is leading me up to is my own ‘Effects Pedal Rig’.  If you’ve already read my July 11th and July 14th POST’s referenced above; you’ll know that I have a good system of effects pedals already in place. However, I am always looking to improve upon or tweak my gear to give me the ultimate effects return with minimal amount of confusion on stage when it’s time for the action to take place if you know what I mean.
The next thing I am doing is adding the TONEBONE LOOPBONE
Loopbone-3d-setup-labeled
Loopbone Setup:
Plug your guitar into the input and your effects chains into the LOOP-1 SEND and RECEIVE and LOOP-2 SEND and RECEIVE jacks using standard 1/4" guitar cables. Radial's innovative 'Drag™ control adjusts to correct the pickup loading so your guitar can sound exactly like it does plugged straight into the amp. The always-on tuner out is buffered so it can't interact with the guitar signal going to the amps. The SlingShot™remote switching output uses a standard 1/4" guitar cord to switch channels, reverb on other features on your amp or other devices, such as Radial's Headbone or Cabbone switchers.

MusicianByNight_01-Large
I want to have it arranged so that I have two different types of effects groups controlled by the LOOPBONE because when playing smooth jazz with nylon string, acoustic-electric guitars I want to have one (1) effects loop dedicated for that and then another effects loop dedicated for the crunch of the southern blues or blues rock.  Obviously, I either play my Gibson Les Paul, Fender Stratocaster or Gibson B.B. King Lucille.  I may even try to split off another effects loop just for my Fender Stratocasters because of their unique tone due to their single-coil pick-ups.
Loopbone-top-dds-370
Take control of your pedalboard!
The Loopbone is a compact, easy to use switcher that allows the guitar player to insert, remove and combine two effect pedal chains with footswitch ease. This is particularly advantageous when using older pedals that can add noise and load problems while in the signal chain. As well, the Loopbone incorporates Radial's superb VariBoost™ variable gain power booster for a clean signal increase or a post-effects boost for soloing.
To ensure that the natural tone of your instrument is maintained, no signal degrading op-amps or chips are used – only 100% discreet components and our highly acclaimed Class-A circuit, which combine to achieve Radial's trademark transparency and exceptional dynamics. The Loopbone also features Radial's unique Drag™ control pickup load correction circuit that allows the restoration of a proper 'amplifier' impedance load which is lost when you plug a guitar into effect pedals or other buffered devices. In addition, the Loopbone brings even more to your pedalboard – a separate 'always-on' tuner out circuit that allows 'on-the-fly' tuning without adding noise or load and perhaps the most innovative feature of all, Slingshot™ remote switching. Slingshot allows switching of amp channels or other features, even other devices such as the Radial Headbone or Cabbone switchers, from the Loopbone. Check out 'The Power of Slingshot' for details.

MusicianByNight_02Small
As I continue to build on my effects pedals, I will share it with all of you in the hopes that I will get your input and comments.  I’m always open to your suggestions; remember that.  I hope you enjoy my blog and get something out of it.  Have a wonderful weekend and remember to give your kids a big hug, they’ll remember it.
Until next time;

Musician By Night
MusicianByNight_03Small

No comments:

Post a Comment