Thursday, July 14, 2011

Guitar Effects Pedals / Pedalboard . . . Part 2:

 

I received a comment the other day regarding my post “Guitar Effects Pedals/Pedalboard” on Monday, July 11th and the comment was more of a question concerning the pattern in which I arranged my effects pedals on the Pedaltrain pedalboard.  So I decided to create a Part 2 to that post and write all about the specifics surrounding my pedalboard and how I arranged everything.

JanRock Recording Studio 001  

My pedalboard is arranged from right to left starting with the Radial Engineering product:

 

 

 

BIG SHOT i/o True-bypass Instrument Selector

bigshot-io-top-dds-370     bigshot-io-top-labeled


The next pedal after the BIG SHOT is the ERNIE BALL 6160 Volume Pedal and from the TUNER output jack I wired the BOSS TU-3 Guitar Tuner.

Ernie Ball 6160 Volume Pedal     BOSS_TU-3 Tuner 03


After the ERNIE BALL 6160 Volume Pedal comes the APHEX 1404 Punch Factory Optical Compressor, then the APHEX 1401 Guitar Xciter.

APHEX Punch Factory 1404 01  APHEX Guitar Xciter 1401 01

SPECIAL NOTE:  The photo above to the right is of the APHEX Acoustic Xciter in a GREEN effects box.  If you notice in my photo of the complete pedalboard, this pedal is in a RED effects box.  I could not locate a photo of that actual effect so I used this one in its place.


Next pedal in line is the FULLTONE Full-Drive 2  MOSFET (Overdrive/Boost) pedal that is very impressive when used with the APHEX Punch Factory Optical Compressor and Guitar Xciter.  WOW!  what a sound . . . . .

FULLTONE-FD2-MOSFET_01  FULLTONE-FD2-MOSFET_02


The next two pedals are from Radial Engineering / TONEBONE and are extremely impressive.  The first one to follow after the Full-Drive 2 is the TEXAS OVERDRIVE by BONES.  A perfect Texas bluesy overdrive to give me that Billy Gibbons sound from ZZ Top.  Then I follow it up with another favorite, VIENNA CHORUS also from BONES.  It is supplied with 2 different Depths/Rates of Chorus’ to allow the guitarist the option for a faster/thinner type chorus or a slow/deep chorus.

bones-texas-ds-220h  Bones-Texas-slice-310w bones-vienna-chorus-top-ds-310     bones-vienna-chorus--bkg-310-high-slice


The next pedal is the BOSS DD-20 GIGA DELAY that I currently have tied into the BOSS PS-6 Harmonist and the Roland EV5 Expression Pedal.  Once I purchase the BOSS RC-30 Looper and the BOSS BF-3 Flanger, I will install them in between the GIGA DELAY and the PS-6 Harmonist.

BOSS_DD20 01                BOSS_Harmonist 01 

BOSS_DD20 02

                BOSS PS-6 Harmonist        

 

 

        BOSS DD-20  GIGA DELAY


Now, I hope after outlining each of my effects pedals and how they connect (one-by-one) to each other, it clears up any questions that you may have had.  If not, please leave me a comment and I will try to explain further for you.

We are headed out of town for the weekend so I may not be writing a post this weekend but check back anyway because if I can’t sleep, I’ll surely be at it.  Have a wonderful weekend and please always remember to hug your children. 

Bob

JazzCrowd_Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment