Monday, July 11, 2011

Guitar Effects Pedals / Pedalboard:

Effects pedals are a key element toward the overall sound of a guitarist.  By this I mean, if you have a pedal-board equiped with multiple effects such as an Overdrive pedal, a Wah-Wah pedal, a Compressor, a Chorus pedal, a Flanger, a Phase Shifter, a Distortion pedal, a Digital Echo pedal, or a Volume pedal to name a few, you can mimic just about any sound from any album/CD.  Also available are combination pedalboards with all-in-one effects such as the POD xt-LIVE by LINE 6.
1600-PTProSC_detail6  1600-PTProSC_detail7
1600-PTProSC_detail2  1600-PTProSC_detail5
Pedaltrain
I chose the Pedaltrain pedal-board system as the basis for my effects pedals.  I found it to be the most versatile system available and the easiest to assemble the pedals on.
JanRock Recording Studio 007  POD xt live
            Pedaltrain PT-PRO-SC                            LINE 6 /  POD xt-LIVE

My pedal-board consists of the following effects pedals
  • Aphex Punch Factory Compressor
  • Aphex Guitar Exciter
  • Fulltone Full-Drive 2
  • ToneBone Texas Overdrive
  • ToneBone Vienna Chorus
  • BOSS DD-20 Giga-Delay
  • BOSS PS-6 Harmonist w/ a Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal
  • Ernie Ball 6166 Mono-Volume Pedal
  • BOSS TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
I’m still looking to add the BOSS RC-30 Stereo Looper
RC30-medium

Stereo Loop Pedal with 2 Controllable Stereo Loops, 99 Memory Presets, 1/8" Aux Input, XLR Microphone Input with Phantom Power, Rhythm Guide, and Effects Here's the versatile looper for all musicians! The BOSS RC-30 Loop Station is packed with stereo connectivity for everybody in the band.
and the BOSS BF-3 Flanger Pedal.
BF3-medium
Flanger Pedal for Guitar and Bass with Momentary Mode, Tap Tempo, and Ultra and Gain/Pan Modes The Boss BF-3 flanger pedal lets guitarists and bassists apply big stereo flanging effects to their rigs easily, at a very affordable price! This stompbox fits your pedalboard and gives you the great sound of the venerable BF-2 while adding two new modes plus tap-tempo and momentary flange.


If you stopped by for my review of the ‘Playground Etiquette’ show at The Whiskey in Annapolis last night, please accept my apologies.  Sometimes, try as I might to prevent it, my day time life impacts my life as a musician.  This was one of those times, and I was not able to make the show.  Next time!
Thanks for reading!  I am off to do some shredding, which I consider the perfect way to shake off the debris of the day. Have a good one, and I’ll be back with more for you soon.
Don’t forget to hug your kids.  ~ Bob










No comments:

Post a Comment