Monday, November 7, 2011

My Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Guitars

As I continue along my path back onto the stage and into the recording studio, I have been building my guitar collection.  The Paul Reed Smith guitars have always been a question in the back of my mind; every time I’ve played one of their custom models with an incredibly beautiful finish, I’ve been disappointed with the action and the feel of the neck.  This reason alone has kept me from buying one of their guitars.

PRSGuitars_LOGO

Until I ran into a model that just blew my mind; the PRS Starla.  That guitar has a wide-fat mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard that adds to the rich tones of the instrument.  Then after I bought the Starla and played it for a while, I ran into another PRS that I just loved when I stopped in at The Guitar Center.  I was a bit concerned though because it is one of their SE models (SE Singlecut); however, after finding out that they go through the same rigorous factory quality control criteria as do the high-priced custom models that are made in their US plant in Annapolis, Maryland, I felt much better about purchasing one of their SE models.

PRS SE Singlecut_AntiqueWhite PRS Starla PRS Guitars 001


PRS PRISM by Al Di Meola

The SE Singlecut features a mahogany body, maple top, flame maple veneer and a PRS designed stop tailpiece  bridge.  The 22-fret, wide-fat mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard and abalone bird inlays is definitely eye catching. The PRS designed treble and bass humbuckers give me a variety of great sounds for whatever style of music I want to play. 

Ultimately, I’m very pleased with this guitar and hope to build my collection with more SE or SE Signature models, unless I run across a good deal on one of PRS’ Custom Signature Models', like Al Di Meola’s well known “Prism” model (shown here.).


I hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the college and NFL football games; especially the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. They certainly were exciting!

Remember to give your kids a hug and tell them that you love them.  I’ll be back with you soon.

Well until next time;

Musician By Night . . .

MusicianByNight_01-Large

3 comments:

  1. Uncle Bob you blog is amazing.....and your guitars are gorgeous.Ben Nd Charles where impressed and want to see you play. :o)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You very much !! Tell them that hopefully after my surgery, they'll get the opportunity to see me play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't mind, please Join My Site and have your kids do so as well. I need help growing my following so I can start charging for advertising on my site. I want to get local music stores, stereo shops, etc. to join my site as advertisors and with that money, I can improve upon my website. Thank you for your help !

    ReplyDelete