Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene and “Sweet Baby Anita”:

Well what can I say, because of Hurricane Irene, I won’t be publishing anything new after this post this weekend.  My time will be spent getting prepared for the storm; putting away lawn furniture and tools that can be tossed around, to and fro due to the rapid winds. We’ll also be packing up all the garbage that is in the outside garbage cans and putting it inside our garage with the lawn mower and other items that need to be under cover.  Then we’ll be riding the storm through the weekend, hopefully without loosing all power.

I know I’ll be playing my guitars as long as there is power and hanging out with best friend and fiancé all weekend long after we’re thru Hurricane Proofing our home & property.  Now, I have a surprise for her that I hope will make her feel more special than ever before.  Just yesterday, I bought a barely used, (mint condition) PRS Starla Bigsby guitar from Nik Kosmas at the Guitar Center in Glen Burnie, MD.   Of course when I told my better half about my newest purchase, she wasn’t real happy with me because I still have a Fender Stratocaster on hold that I’m paying for. another four weeks or two payments.

PRSGuitars_LOGO

However as you know, all of us guitarists give our ax’s girls names; it’s a tradition.  So, in honor of the lover of my life (no, not my Les Paul stupid . . . ) I named my newest guitar “Sweet Baby Anita” or just “Anita” for short. I really hope she knows how much she means to me and in turn, how much the guitar reminds me of her.  Here are a couple of photos of “Anita”, I’m sure you’ll agree with me.

PRS Starla Bigsby 001   PRS Starla Bigsby 002d  PRS Starla Bigsby 004d

2011 PRS Starla Bigsby guitar w/ Santana Headstock, Neck & Fingerboard

DSC02427         DSC02436

My Better Half ”ANITA”, now she’s my real love !

Well, we have to get started on the hurricane preparation or else I’ll never be able to get to the Guitar Center to be able to pick-up “Sweet Baby Anita” tonight or tomorrow morning.  I hope you all stay safe this weekend thru the storm and you don’t let Hurricane Irene nock you down.  Actually, this is a very good time for all of us to cuddle together with our families and give them all big hugs and kisses to show them how much we love them.  Didn't Billy Gibbons write a song about given’ me all your hugs and kisses too?  Boy he was right for a Good Ole’ Southern Rocker wasn’t he?

Until after Irene;

Musician By Night

MusicianByNight_04Small

No comments:

Post a Comment