Sunday, June 3, 2012

Todays Featured Blues Artist: Todays Featured Blues Artist - Tabby Thomas

Todays Featured Blues Artist: Todays Featured Blues Artist - Tabby Thomas

 
Tabby Thomas (born Ernest Joseph Thomas, January 5, 1929, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States) also known as Rockin' Tabby Thomas is an American Chicago blues musician. He sings and plays the piano and guitar, and specializes in a substyle of blues indigenous to southern Louisiana called swamp blues.
Thomas is one of the best known blues musicians in Baton Rouge, and had, since the late 1970s, operated his own blues club there, Tabby's Blues Box and Heritage Hall, until its closure in November 2004. Among his seven children is the noted blues musician Chris Thomas King.

Thomas had a stroke in 2004, which affected his playing but not his singing. Currently, on Saturday afternoons he hosts the radio show Tabby's Blues Box on Baton Rouge stations WBRH-FM and KBRH-AM, which originate from the media center of Baton Rouge Magnet High School.

Source and Additional Info Here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby_Thomas
 
____________________________________________________
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed themselves doing whatever makes them happy.  Of course, once again, I spent several hours in my studio with the help of my better half, Anita!  She downloaded backing tracks for me and then burned them on several CD's so I can use them for rehearsing, teaching and for solo gigs. 
 
As soon as I complete my recording studio and have my friend Nick over to show us how to use all the new equipment, then I'll be able to record a few tracks and publish them on ReverbNation.com, Facebook, MySpace, Guitar.com, Share My Guitar and of course YouTube.
 
Until then, I hope you continue to follow my blog to see what I'll have coming up next.  Until next time;
 
MUSICIAN by Night
 


"Help Keep The Blues Alive"
  

No comments:

Post a Comment